Minecraftia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
UnknownMage
Cranky_Cacti
Woopsah
Plymboy
thek826
9 posters

Suggestion after the incidents yesterday

thek826
    thek826

Suggestion after the incidents yesterday Empty Suggestion after the incidents yesterday

Post  thek826 Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:59 pm

I think that buying tnt and or gunpowder is far too annoying, and people really should have to earn that tnt, seeing as how it's so powerful. After what's happened in PVP the last 2 weeks, particularly yesterday, I think we should change this. I think that they should take out the gunpowder shop in the admin shop. Also, Srh should make a rule saying that moderators should not be allowed to sell tnt or gunpowder. The only way people should make tnt, is by collecting gunpowder from creepers, effectively forcing a person who wishes to blow up a big base to stock pile gunpowder a week before they could even get a stack of tnt. Right now, tnt is like noob tubing (using a grenade launcher) in Modern Warfare 2 with one man army. Gunpowder is so cheap that people can easily create stacks upon stacks of tnt within a day of collecting dirt and cobblestone to sell. If you like this idea, please say so! Collecting stacks of dirt or cobble to buy something so powerful is simply absurd, especially since it lags the server so much when people blow up 20 stacks of tnt at once.
    If you like this idea (and you aren't one of the people who carried out the recent attacks on public factions), please say so! Or if you have another suggestion like raising gunpowder prices to $1000+ per gunpowder, post that too! Smile

-thek826
    Plymboy
    Plymboy

Suggestion after the incidents yesterday Empty Re: Suggestion after the incidents yesterday

Post  Plymboy Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:40 pm

I approve of this idea. I think TNT should be BANNED in the PvP world aswell, it lags the server.
    Woopsah

Suggestion after the incidents yesterday Empty Re: Suggestion after the incidents yesterday

Post  Woopsah Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Agree!
    I always mine everything myself. Way more fair.
    I also would like to vote for a nether xD
    Cranky_Cacti

Post  Cranky_Cacti Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:32 pm

Last edited by Cranky_Cacti on Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    UnknownMage

Post  UnknownMage Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:14 pm

i like tnt, but i dont use it to an extent

tnt is helpful when testing out experiments and such Very Happy
    thek826
    thek826

Post  thek826 Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:01 pm

Experiments are ok, but you could just experiment with tnt in single player, decreasing lag. If tnt is either banned or deleted from admin shops (so players would have to hunt creepers down), then bases wouldn't be destroyed in minutes.
    lilpunk82896
    lilpunk82896

Post  lilpunk82896 Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:08 pm

hmmmm i wouldnt know what happend cause i havent been on in a long time due to school and stuff
    thek826
    thek826

Post  thek826 Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:01 am

lilpunk82896 wrote:hmmmm i wouldnt know what happend cause i havent been on in a long time due to school and stuff

The bases of PRX and Navy were completely destroyed yesterday by tnt, which was supplied by a moderator (paid for of course, but cheap). The moderator helped grief the bases as well, but that's a completely different story that has been discussed on a few topics already:
    https://minecraftia.iftopic.com/t1632-mod-abuse-cranky_cacti (locked)
    https://minecraftia.iftopic.com/t1629-okay-ive-had-it

If you are part of PRX, then IDK what's happening, but if you're part of Navy, I set up a new makeshift base (Just type /f home) before I left the faction and gave leadership over to John. All I want is some limitations on TNT.
    thek826
    thek826

Post  thek826 Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:40 am

Cranky_Cacti wrote:I 100% AGREE with this that way no mods will go nuts with power like i did and won't get banned.

Mods would still be able to go nuts with power unfortunately D:, just not with tnt Very Happy It would be impossible to make it impossible for mods to go crazy with power, seeing as they would basically only be able to fly like elites and use anti-griefing stuff (like world guard and BB). Still, this would be a step in the right direction Smile
    mastermime

Post  mastermime Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:28 am

cool cool cool!
    vegakotes
    vegakotes

Post  vegakotes Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:24 am

Honestly I'm all for getting rid of TNT completely, but srh still wants it around, so this is a nice alternative.
    Lets players still use it, and forces them to do some actual work in order to get any sort of real tnt power.
    WhyHiThere

Post  WhyHiThere Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:54 am

I will remove any signs from the admin shop that include gunpowder/tnt.

thek826
    thek826

Post  thek826 Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:00 am

WhyHiThere wrote:I will remove any signs from the admin shop that include gunpowder/tnt.

Thank you! Very Happy
    thek826
    thek826

Post  thek826 Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:09 pm

WhyHiThere wrote:I will remove any signs from the admin shop that include gunpowder/tnt.

I think if someone tells moderators to either not sell tnt make tnt moderately expensive (100 per tnt?) then it would be fine, forcing players to decide either to go broke, or work for tnt by hunting them underground (to find caves easily, press f3, and look for numbers underground, and dig towards them).

Last edited by thek826 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo lol)
    thek826
    thek826

Post  thek826 Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:15 pm

Cranky_Cacti wrote:I 100% AGREE with this that way no mods will go nuts with power like i did and won't get banned.

Oh ya, btw cacti, the main reason I'm posting this is because you sold tnt so god damn cheap. Like less than 0.01 per gunpowder cheap. Less than 0.001 for all the ingredients needed to make a single tnt kind of cheap (4 sand, 5 gunpowder for 1 tnt). $100 for 64 tnt is really absurdly cheap >_> Should have been $1000 maybe, if it was a discount, but that's pretty cheap as well. So ya, I'm glad to hear that your realizing your mistakes Smile. So do you know when, or if you'll be coming back online (As a VIP or Elite obviously)?
    thek826
    thek826

Post  thek826 Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:03 am

Lol, you haven't yet D:
    WhyHiThere

Post  WhyHiThere Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:19 am

lol i couldn't find them. So many damn signs, I'll do it right now.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:52 am