Minecraftia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
lewisisbad2
IVIike
6 posters

How do you lock a block?

IVIike

How do you lock a block? Empty How do you lock a block?

Post  IVIike Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:26 am

I tried using /cprivate but it dosn't work for blocks like dirt/glass etc.
    When I started playing on Minecraftia I tried to dig some dirt near the spawn building and it was locked. How do you lock anything that isn't a door or a chest?
    lewisisbad2
    lewisisbad2

How do you lock a block? Empty Re: How do you lock a block?

Post  lewisisbad2 Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:29 am

IVIike wrote:I tried using /cprivate but it dosn't work for blocks like dirt/glass etc.
    When I started playing on Minecraftia I tried to dig some dirt near the spawn building and it was locked. How do you lock anything that isn't a door or a chest?
    Well only Elite's and higher can use anti greif, but you can lock a door or check by saying /cprivate or add someone to be able to use it is /cmodify (name)

TriStarz
    TriStarz

Post  TriStarz Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:02 pm

lewisisbad2 wrote:
    IVIike wrote:I tried using /cprivate but it dosn't work for blocks like dirt/glass etc.
    Well only Elite's and higher can use anti greif, but you can lock a door or check by saying /cprivate or add someone to be able to use it is /cmodify (name)

Elites can use anti grief? I didnt even know anything about that :O
    UnknownMage

Post  UnknownMage Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:48 pm

TriStarz wrote:
    lewisisbad2 wrote:

I'm an Elite and I didn't know that xD
    thek826
    thek826

How do you lock a block? Empty Exploit for member block protect. DO NOT ABUSE

Post  thek826 Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:19 am

DO NOT ABUSE THIS EXPLOIT TO TRAP OTHERS!!!!
    With that aside, to exploit LWC commands to allow you to lock your blocks, plant a sign on your block. Then in chat, type /cprivate. Left click the sign, then remove the sign. The block will continue being locked. This has not seen much use though since it TAKES FOREVER to lock blocks this.

If a moderator or admin would like to fix this, please do. It's scary knowing som1 could completely trap my house :O
    vegakotes
    vegakotes

Post  vegakotes Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:32 am

thek826 wrote:DO NOT ABUSE THIS EXPLOIT TO TRAP OTHERS!!!!
    With that aside, to exploit LWC commands to allow you to lock your blocks, plant a sign on your block. Then in chat, type /cprivate. Left click the sign, then remove the sign. The block will continue being locked. This has not seen much use though since it TAKES FOREVER to lock blocks this.

If a moderator or admin would like to fix this, please do. It's scary knowing som1 could completely trap my house :O

We can see who locks what.
    We can punish those who abuse this.
    And we will.
    So don't abuse it guys.
    IVIike

Post  IVIike Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:16 pm

vegakotes wrote:
    thek826 wrote:DO NOT ABUSE THIS EXPLOIT TO TRAP OTHERS!!!!

We can see who locks what.
    We can punish those who abuse this.
    And we will.
    So don't abuse it guys.

I cant use it to lock the blocks of my home? I wont abuse it to lock the others' things because I prefer to play fair. Today someone abused the lever bug to unlock the door of my farm, this is another annoying bug.
    vegakotes
    vegakotes

Post  vegakotes Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:19 pm

IVIike wrote:I cant use it to lock the blocks of my home? I wont abuse it to lock the others' things because I prefer to play fair. Today someone abused the lever bug to unlock the door of my farm, this is another annoying bug.
    Actually what you do is make a double door.
    Make your first door, then one block away make your second door.
    People can lever open the first one all they want, but they can't do jack to the second, because they can't get a lever or a redstone torch in there.
    Tristarz did it, so give your thanks to his bright thinking Very Happy

Kinda like this where [] = a block and D = the door
    []D[]
    []D[]

Hope that helps Very Happy
    IVIike

Post  IVIike Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:23 pm

vegakotes wrote:
    IVIike wrote:I cant use it to lock the blocks of my home? I wont abuse it to lock the others' things because I prefer to play fair. Today someone abused the lever bug to unlock the door of my farm, this is another annoying bug.
    Actually what you do is make a double door.
    Make your first door, then one block away make your second door.
    People can lever open the first one all they want, but they can't do jack to the second, because they can't get a lever or a redstone torch in there.
    Tristarz did it, so give your thanks to his bright thinking Very Happy

Kinda like this where [] = a block and D = the door
    []D[]
    []D[]

Hope that helps Very Happy

Thnx for the suggestion, I'll make loads of doors.
    thek826
    thek826

Post  thek826 Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:46 pm

UnknownMage wrote:
    TriStarz wrote:
    lewisisbad2 wrote:

I'm an Elite and I didn't know that xD

Wait, then how do you lock blocks when you are elite?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:13 pm