Minecraftia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
nat0n
IVIike
PlayaMade
Anhkha
ETHANW5
WhyHiThere
Blocky858
Medfit
thek826
Aphotic
vegakotes
blueice1
16 posters

New world?

Poll

Do you want the following:

[ 18 ]
    New world? I_vote_lcap30%New world? I_vote_rcap [30%] 
    [ 2 ]
    New world? I_vote_lcap3%New world? I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 35 ]
    New world? I_vote_lcap58%New world? I_vote_rcap [58%] 
    [ 3 ]
    New world? I_vote_lcap5%New world? I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 2 ]
    New world? I_vote_lcap3%New world? I_vote_rcap [3%] 

Total Votes: 60
    blueice1
    blueice1

New world? Empty New world?

Post  blueice1 Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:06 pm

YES! Lets see what people will decide!
    Post in comments for a different option, or just to defend a statement!
    Vote carefully!
    vegakotes
    vegakotes

New world? Empty Re: New world?

Post  vegakotes Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:11 pm

With the effort I've already put into making the Flutter and the Marlwolf, as well as my plans for creating all of the other structures, I feel like we just shouldn't get a new world.
    I know many others have also put their creativity to the test, and have made many great things that we'd no longer get to see.
    Even if the world was available for download, it wouldn't be the same, since you'd just be walking around in an empty world all by yourself.

Expanded borders is the best option, since it'll give new players a place to build, and old players a place to expand.
    Aphotic
    Aphotic

New world? Empty New World

Post  Aphotic Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:36 pm

Yes, people have put a lot of work into buildings and stuff, but the current world is becoming quickly clogged with builds, and the mines are almost completely mined out. You can't dig more than five or six blocks down without hitting someone else's lit tunnel. I think the priority should be having a new world with expanded borders, and with exploding creepers and no 'vote' for the night. That would increase the element of danger and adventure, because it -is- a 'survival' world, not a sprite building or art world. If a new world isn't implemented, then the boundaries for the current world HAVE to be expanded. But a new world, a fresh start would be perfect in my opinion.
    vegakotes
    vegakotes

Post  vegakotes Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:00 pm

Aphotic wrote:Yes, people have put a lot of work into buildings and stuff, but the current world is becoming quickly clogged with builds, and the mines are almost completely mined out. You can't dig more than five or six blocks down without hitting someone else's lit tunnel. I think the priority should be having a new world with expanded borders, and with exploding creepers and no 'vote' for the night. That would increase the element of danger and adventure, because it -is- a 'survival' world, not a sprite building or art world. If a new world isn't implemented, then the boundaries for the current world HAVE to be expanded. But a new world, a fresh start would be perfect in my opinion.

I actually found a very profitable mine, and a suitable building location not but a few days ago.
    I just had to put a little more effort into searching for it. Instead of digging near a city, I explored near the borders, then dug inward, finding around 3 dozen diamonds and several dozen iron/gold ores.

All it takes is some exploring, and you can find what you need, especially if the borders are expanded on our current world.
    thek826
    thek826

Post  thek826 Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:28 pm

Aphotic wrote:Yes, people have put a lot of work into buildings and stuff, but the current world is becoming quickly clogged with builds, and the mines are almost completely mined out. You can't dig more than five or six blocks down without hitting someone else's lit tunnel. I think the priority should be having a new world with expanded borders, and with exploding creepers and no 'vote' for the night. That would increase the element of danger and adventure, because it -is- a 'survival' world, not a sprite building or art world. If a new world isn't implemented, then the boundaries for the current world HAVE to be expanded. But a new world, a fresh start would be perfect in my opinion.

No, if you explore for at least 10 minutes, you'll find miles worth of little to no civilization. The area behind the hospital (behind the old border) has lots of building space. Furthermore, if you follow the roads i built that start right next to the hospital, you'll find plenty of empty forest area (closer to RAR'S old base). All we need are border expansions so that we can mine more.
    Medfit
    Medfit

Post  Medfit Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:49 pm

AAAAAAHHHHH!!!! SO MANY PARAGRAPHS!
    I say yes. Fuck you I am not gonna type a damn essay just for that, I mean yes it would be fun to have multiple worlds, But how would we do shifts for moderators? I am the one that is mostly on.
    blueice1
    blueice1

Post  blueice1 Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:58 pm

Medfit wrote:AAAAAAHHHHH!!!! SO MANY PARAGRAPHS!
    I say yes. Fuck you I am not gonna type a damn essay just for that, I mean yes it would be fun to have multiple worlds, But how would we do shifts for moderators? I am the one that is mostly on.
    lol because your the only moderator who doesnt have a life Razz
    vegakotes
    vegakotes

Post  vegakotes Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:20 pm

Medfit wrote:AAAAAAHHHHH!!!! SO MANY PARAGRAPHS!

So unprofessional XD
    Really, I'm in the opinion that expanded borders, perhaps HIGHLY expanded borders could solve the problem.
    It would open up new lands, and new mining areas. It might lag more, but I feel that's a sacrifice worth giving.
    Blocky858

Post  Blocky858 Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:22 pm

I think that the Mods etc. should start cleaning areas of random buildings. Example: there are TONS of random uncompleted buildings around Medfit's HQ, with little permanent homes, if we can clear those, and make a proper path to the area, we could start expanding there.
    WhyHiThere

Post  WhyHiThere Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:44 am

Blocky I unbanned you, you probably just griefed my shop to help make it look nicer. Razz Anyways I like you. Welcome back. Smile
    ETHANW5

Post  ETHANW5 Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:59 pm

Expand the borders is what I say. Very Happy
    WhyHiThere

Post  WhyHiThere Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:50 pm

ETHANW5 wrote:Expand the borders is what I say. Very Happy

+1
    Anhkha
    Anhkha

Post  Anhkha Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:42 am

Everyone must used a long time to get every thing they have today
    It would be cool with a new people
    but i think many players wont play on this server beacuse they miss all their items and buildings
    PlayaMade
    PlayaMade

Post  PlayaMade Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:35 pm

Expand. No doubt!
    IVIike

Post  IVIike Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:59 am

Expand the borders, there's no space to build anything for new members (yea on the sky and underground lol) and it's impossible to find any tree.

I'd like 2 things:

1)Put a limit on blocks that a player can build, ex:
    - 0 days played time: you can build 256 blocks max;
    - 5 days: 512
    - 10 days: 1024
    - 15 Days: 2048
    etc... (we need to put a limit anyway, a single player can't build the whole world!!)

2)Automatically delete the buildings of players who have not played for more than 3 months and regenerate the world, like it was before (for that area).

Remember that Minecraft is growing like Warcraft did in the beginning, day by day!! We can't keep the buildings of all members in a "small" server like this (the aviable area is really small).

Some players play for a week, they make a whole city and then they leave the server. Who is going to get that city? Grief it?
    How do you know if that player is still playing or definitely left? I don't want to get banned for griefing... we need to do something, this isn't going to end fine!!

My english sux I know, but I'm not native sorry! Neutral

Ps:
    Near the spawn location there're atleast 3-4 griefed buildings and nobody reported them, probably the builders of those buildings aren't playing on this server anymore.
    This needs a solution.

Last edited by IVIike on Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
    nat0n

Post  nat0n Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:02 pm

Just expand the borders, alot of people have spent alot of time and effort into buildings including me. Dont make a new world.
    PlayaMade
    PlayaMade

Post  PlayaMade Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:16 pm

IVIike wrote:Expand the borders, there's no space to build anything for new members (yea on the sky and underground lol) and it's impossible to find any tree.

I'd like 2 things:

1)Put a limit on blocks that a player can build, ex:
    - 0 days played time: you can build 256 blocks max;
    - 5 days: 512
    - 10 days: 1024
    - 15 Days: 2048
    etc... (we need to put a limit anyway, a single player can't build the whole world!!)

2)Automatically delete the buildings of players who have not played for more than 3 months and regenerate the world, like it was before (for that area).

Remember that Minecraft is growing like Warcraft did in the beginning, day by day!! We can't keep the buildings of all members in a "small" server like this (the aviable area is really small).

Some players play for a week, they make a whole city and then they leave the server. Who is going to get that city? Grief it?
    How do you know if that player is still playing or definitely left? I don't want to get banned for griefing... we need to do something, this isn't going to end fine!!

My english sux I know, but I'm not native sorry! Neutral

Ps:
    Near the spawn location there're atleast 3-4 griefed buildings and nobody reported them, probably the builders of those buildings aren't playing on this server anymore.
    This needs a solution.

I like this idea, as a prevention solution, but not with the problem at hand, We are about full...
    WhyHiThere

Post  WhyHiThere Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:56 am

I now do believe we need a new world. If i'm correct though, I heard all servers have to wipe on 1.8 if they wish to upgrade. So thats cool Very Happy
    thek826
    thek826

Post  thek826 Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:24 am

WhyHiThere wrote:I now do believe we need a new world. If i'm correct though, I heard all servers have to wipe on 1.8 if they wish to upgrade. So thats cool Very Happy

No we don't, we just won't be able to see new terrain generation in the current available area. Any unloaded chunks (which will be probably 3 chunks away from the current border) will use 1.8 terrain generation, so a new border would let us see new terrain, once the server upgrades again, of course. Source: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Upcoming_Features#Near_future

The quote from the wiki: "New features in the terrain generator; things which will only appear in new worlds/chunks"
    So please, don't delete the world yet ): Also, we can take advantage of all the new items and mobs in the current area Very Happy
    vegakotes
    vegakotes

Post  vegakotes Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Would it be possible to open up another 700x700 chunk far away from the current border? Pretty much a "2nd world" inside of the current world. Then just set up a portal or a warp there?
    drag0n
    drag0n

Post  drag0n Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:51 pm

vegakotes wrote:Would it be possible to open up another 700x700 chunk far away from the current border? Pretty much a "2nd world" inside of the current world. Then just set up a portal or a warp there?

would be very nice
    thek826
    thek826

Post  thek826 Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:01 pm

vegakotes wrote:Would it be possible to open up another 700x700 chunk far away from the current border? Pretty much a "2nd world" inside of the current world. Then just set up a portal or a warp there?

Actually, I like your idea more than expanded border Very Happy
    WhyHiThere

Post  WhyHiThere Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:17 pm

If it's possible, i've never heard of that though, splitting up a world.

But I say this because I think we need a new way for people to have land near spawn city, so it's not full of kind of crappy houses.
    UnknownMage

Post  UnknownMage Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:32 am

It should be made that no one can build near spawn, except for donators.

You should go about 100-300 blocks out before you are able to build.
    This way spawn isn't surrounded by half-built houses and such.

There should also be something like roads leading away from spawn and saying where you can build and such. Next to the road, shops and buildings like this can be placed where people can buy items to help them out there.

A Safe Area should be made all around spawn so that it doesn't get destroyed by creepers or people get attacked by mobs when they are not ready to fight them.

As for the update, I suggest we make completely new worlds. 1 world is filled with a lot of buildings of people that don't come on anymore, and the other world was destroyed by TNT.
    losthero77
    losthero77

Post  losthero77 Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:35 am

well we are getting new world, even if you dont want it, when 1.8 comes out we will need new world

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:35 pm