Minecraftia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Watch your stuff!

thek826
    thek826

Watch your stuff! Empty Watch your stuff!

Post  thek826 Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:37 pm

Now, from the title, you probably are like, "WELL DUH!" but the griefing has been a lot worse than some idiot members/elites destroying stuff. This is A LOT worse. I used to have a home on sea level which was nearby skycity. Anyway, the entrance to my house was obviously guarded by a locked door. This was my old house and I moved out a few weeks ago into the hiddenlands as well as an island by the border. Since I don't live there anymore, I haven't been monitoring it at all. However, I decided to go back there 2 days ago just for the nostalgia and I find that the DOOR has been destroyed as well as an empty chest (which is also locked). This is VERY serious as it can only mean 2 things:
    A: A moderator is a griefer (i doubt it, as the moderators seem really nice)
    B: Someone has logged onto the server with anti-LWC client mods and destroyed them.

The grief is certainly far too old for a moderator/admin to use big brother on it, but i'm posting this topic to warn other members about this.
    IVIike

Watch your stuff! Empty Re: Watch your stuff!

Post  IVIike Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:51 am

thek826 wrote:Now, from the title, you probably are like, "WELL DUH!" but the griefing has been a lot worse than some idiot members/elites destroying stuff. This is A LOT worse. I used to have a home on sea level which was nearby skycity. Anyway, the entrance to my house was obviously guarded by a locked door. This was my old house and I moved out a few weeks ago into the hiddenlands as well as an island by the border. Since I don't live there anymore, I haven't been monitoring it at all. However, I decided to go back there 2 days ago just for the nostalgia and I find that the DOOR has been destroyed as well as an empty chest (which is also locked). This is VERY serious as it can only mean 2 things:
    A: A moderator is a griefer (i doubt it, as the moderators seem really nice)
    B: Someone has logged onto the server with anti-LWC client mods and destroyed them.

The grief is certainly far too old for a moderator/admin to use big brother on it, but i'm posting this topic to warn other members about this.

Last week I found 6 doors of my farm (ALL were locked with /cprivate) totally destroyed. I repaired all and mods couldn't check who griefed them (I wish I had not reapired them darn!).

I've a theory, maybe some mod rolled back the time in an area near my farm or your house and involuntarily they removed the doors. It happens very often because the griefers ruin things and mods can only rollback in some situations when the grief is really huge.
    PlayaMade
    PlayaMade

Post  PlayaMade Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:36 pm

There is a couple of things mods are not taking into consideration when rollingback users.
    A. If you do a complete rollback on a user, EVERYTHING that user has done gets rolled back, that includes work that he's done on your house or someone elses, I had a user help me build my house, and he got banned, when I went to my house, it was a mess of missing bricks.

So it leads me to B.

B: There is a way to only rollback changes from a user within a certain radius/time. If someone griefs a house thats 20x20x20, and he/she did it within the last 2 days, I'll stand in the center of the house, and just roll then back using
    /bb rollback usernamehere t:2d5h r:25
    I add a couple of hours to the time, and 5 extra blocks to the radius, to make sure I reach everything.
    Using this command instead of a complete rollback, allows you to ONLY rollback the griefing. IF you ever need to completely rollback the user, YOU STILL CAN. So trying this out FIRST is not a bad idea.
    IVIike

Post  IVIike Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:28 pm

The Mod is not an easy job hehe!
    thek826
    thek826

Post  thek826 Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:35 pm

PlayaMade wrote:There is a couple of things mods are not taking into consideration when rollingback users.
    A. If you do a complete rollback on a user, EVERYTHING that user has done gets rolled back, that includes work that he's done on your house or someone elses, I had a user help me build my house, and he got banned, when I went to my house, it was a mess of missing bricks.

So it leads me to B.

B: There is a way to only rollback changes from a user within a certain radius/time. If someone griefs a house thats 20x20x20, and he/she did it within the last 2 days, I'll stand in the center of the house, and just roll then back using
    /bb rollback usernamehere t:2d5h r:25
    I add a couple of hours to the time, and 5 extra blocks to the radius, to make sure I reach everything.
    Using this command instead of a complete rollback, allows you to ONLY rollback the griefing. IF you ever need to completely rollback the user, YOU STILL CAN. So trying this out FIRST is not a bad idea.

The thing is, no one has EVER helped me build my houses, like ever (except for the hiddenlands house, but that wasn't the house I'm talking about). So a roll back doing that is out of the question. In fact i rarely let people inside my house, let alone build there.
    vegakotes
    vegakotes

Post  vegakotes Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:00 pm

There's another issue.
    If a mod rolls back a grief and then uses //undo the griefs will no longer show up.
    I know I'm careful about using //undo, but I don't know how well the others use it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:59 am