Minecraftia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Suggestion: Changing the Moderating System

Mr.Razz

Suggestion: Changing the Moderating System Empty Suggestion: Changing the Moderating System

Post  Mr.Razz Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:20 am

Dear moderators,

It has come to my attention that a ban quickly ensues when u do something wrong. A lot of the people in here "claim" that it was accidental (be it that way or not) But just take in mind that IF IT TRULY WAS "accidental". Isnt a ban immediately not too harsh on the people? I also saw that everybody only gets 1 chance, 1 chance only.

Couldn't we develop a moderating system in wich the people don't get immediately banned, but lets say get warned or that a mod seeks contact with the lawbreaker for explanation. If the explanation was insufficient or the person in question clearly deliberately broke the law on purpose then he gets a ban. It would filter the "ban appeal" forum so much if the mods first sought contact with the people in question. Making mistakes is what makes us human, right? Also to sort out the "accidents" out of the ban appeal forum. As right now a lot of people appeal for a unban, and most of the times this gets approved anyway. Also it takes quite a while before your unban appeal is getting worked on, this could easily be less.

I would of course be glad to help you people maintain a proper server and help with moderating and all, if it didn't cost me 10 dollars... (I also only have euro's) Wich i think is truly preposterous anyway, i feel like there should be an option to let people apply for moderatorship without having to pay 10 dollars. You could even make it so that these kind of "free of charge moderators" have limited commands in comparison with "paid moderators". Maybe even come up with a reward system to those "free-of-charge moderators" that are truly doing a good job. This would help us all to keep the server clean and proper whilst also motivating the "free-of-charge moderators" to do a good job. Of course only the truly active members may apply for this kind of moderatorship so its not possible for the "newbs" (like myself) to apply for moderatorship. Maybe a minimum of 1 or 2 months before someone can apply for this kind of moderatorship?

I look forward to your opinions about this and/or suggestions/ideas.

Greetings,
    MrRazz
    thek826
    thek826

Suggestion: Changing the Moderating System Empty Reason you have to pay

Post  thek826 Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:34 pm

The reason that you need to pay is that it helps keep the server running. If anyone could be an op without paying if they just played for a month or so, no one would donate, the server would never be upgraded, and the server would need to minimize it's max players to 20, or even less.
    Mr.Razz

Suggestion: Changing the Moderating System Empty Re: Suggestion: Changing the Moderating System

Post  Mr.Razz Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:29 pm

Im not suggesting to remove the donation, ppl who donate should still get all the benefits i think as they have now. I just think it would help to have smth like civilian mods with no real power of that of a real mod but strictly limited commands to help keep the server clean.
    Dino_Crackers
    Dino_Crackers

Suggestion: Changing the Moderating System Empty Re: Suggestion: Changing the Moderating System

Post  Dino_Crackers Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:37 pm

well he is right we have to have donations to keep the server running, but yea i will tell srh about ur idea about regular members helpinng out, but just so you know you will NOT get any powers like being apple to world edit ban or promote anyone but we could make another title to those who want to help out the mods but i would have to ask, and other thing
    the reason why we ban ppl when they grief.. its a warning and if they really wana play they can do an appeal, thats ur ONE warning . and if you grief again u get ipbanned, and we dont wana hear "my brother did it" "my friend did it when i was away" no, every griefer says those things. its annoying, so thats all.
    WhyHiThere

Post  WhyHiThere Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:11 am

I do agree with you, Mr. Razz, that are ban system is harsh. I have to inforce it, as thats my job, Dino_Crackers and Srh420 are the ones in charge of the decision.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:05 am